The Anglican church, used by the Sri Lankan Anglican community, is located on Serdarı Ekrem Street, extending to the Galip Dede Street in Beyoğlu, Istanbul. Lord Stratford Canning laid the foundations in 1856. It was built in memory of the English soldiers who participated in the Crimean War and was provided by Sultan Abdülmecid (1823-1861).
The church is made entirely from stone and has a neogothic architectural style brought from Malta. The church was closed in 1971 due to its decreasing congregation and was re-opened under the leadership of a priest of the Anglican Church by Sri Lankan refugees in 1991 for religious services.
Translated by Mr. Irfan KOKSAL