Established in 1927 within the madrasahs of the Suleymaniye Mosque and allocated in the Suleymaniye Mosque by Suleyman The Magnificent, the library formed the core of this library. Over time, the number of books in the Suleymaniye Library has increased due to the number of books being transfered from various places for several different reasons. There are 74,000 manuscripts and printed books. It is open seven days a week between the hours of 9:00 and 19:00, and admittance is free.
Translated by Mr. Irfan KOKSAL